Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stir fried veggies Kale stems, Green Beans, Asparagus, Celery and Eggplant


So here's a freegan tip, when taking home veggies that are loose, try to use it as soon as possible. For the most part my produce rescued comes in sealed packages.  But what I've noticed about one of my spots is they have become more spiteful of freegans.  And they will literally cut open packages and take salads out of their containers to discourage people from rescuing the food.  At least in most cases they toss it all in one huge bag so sometimes because I just can't stand the thought of not rescuing these veggies all in great condition I take home loose veggies. Like in this case the celery and Kale stems.  I'll clean and then blanche them to be extra careful.  And then stir fry them in oil and garlic.  


It's just a quick way to cook everything and preserve the nutrients as much as possible.  Plus, I'm a rice fanatic so it goes great with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment